Nonprofit Association of Washington (NAWA) convenes a powerful network of nonprofit organizations across Washington State to learn, advocate, and collaborate, so that nonprofits can achieve their missions.
Through participation in our network, nonprofits (staff, board, and volunteers) become more sustainable and effective. Stronger nonprofits contribute to healthy, collaborative, economically vital, and civically engaged communities. Many of our state’s most effective nonprofits are members of the Nonprofit Association of Washington. Our organization is becoming more equitable and elevating equity throughout the nonprofit sector.
- Teach foundations of nonprofit management and leadership
- Develop innovative and relevant curricula, tools, and workshops
- Share information and connect people with resources
- Actively model and promote diversity, equity, inclusion, and access
- Build nonprofit capacity
- Amplify nonprofit voices
- Lobby for a positive policy climate for all types of nonprofits
- Use stories and data to communicate the value of nonprofits
- Partner with government and philanthropy to advance equity
- Work for justice and lead in dismantling white supremacy
- Convene meaningful gatherings
- Host affinity groups and online community
- Facilitate cross-sector dialogue
- Engage community in an equitable and truly inclusive way
- Listen and build genuine relationships
NAWA works to change systems in order to liberate the nonprofit sector from the current inequities and achieve racial, gender, economic, and social justice for those who are systematically denied.
Board of Directors