The Organizational Assessment
Capturing an Objective Snapshot of Performance & Potential
This course was originally presented in January 2022. Purchase an on-demand ticket to get access to the recording and materials.
- Is your community impact organization actually having the impact it says?
- Are effectiveness and efficiency proven attributes of your organization?
- What role must “lived experience” play in a fair organizational assessment?
- Are the key indicators of financial health, organizational culture, community involvement, and demonstrated leadership in diversity, equity and inclusion foundations incorporated into your decision-making and planning
Following two years of unprecedented changes, leaders of community impact organizations must be able to identify the factors affecting the health of their enterprises and relay to the public the results of their work. It is critical that diverse people are speaking from a place of fact to move forward together.
This 90-minute overview of organizational assessments offers a framework for participants to consider the key elements of a reasonable review and have a discussion within their own association, congregation, or charitable cause about what constitutes reasonable evaluation of the key indicators of their performance. The session will feature a guest speaker that recently completed an organizational assessment for their community impact organization.
An organizational assessment is the first step in creating an accountable nonprofit corporation and creates a foundation for deeper-dive fair evaluations aimed at executive director and board performance.
At the conclusion of this course you will have tools and information to:
- Facilitate a deep-dive organizational discussion that will lead to a stated commitment to operating with a “Culture of Accountability” recognizing the role of data in conjunction with lived experience, anecdotal examples, and results
- Construct a thoughtful organizational assessment process for your organization that designates a three-part process for evaluating the organization, management, and governance
- Consider specific checklists to be associated with key priorities of your organization such as finance, fundraising, employee and volunteer satisfaction, and diversity, equity, inclusion, and access
$30: Register for the on-demand course and receive the recordings by email immediately.
Who Should Attend
Captioning: Closed captions are available.
Visual Descriptions: Presenters include visual descriptions of themselves to give a person who is low-vision, blind, or calling in without video a sense of space and place.
About the Speaker
Jeffrey Wilcox, CFRE, is President and Chief Mission Advancement Officer for Third Sector Company. Founded in 2002, it is one of the largest teaching and support organizations for interim executive management and leadership continuity solutions for associations, congregations and charitable organizations in the country. He is the former Senior Vice President of Community Development for United Way of Greater Los Angeles, and Valley of the Sun United Way in Phoenix, Arizona. He is also the former nonprofit columnist for the Long Beach (CA) Business Journal, founder of “The Board Chairs Academy,” and author of “The Nonprofit Leader of the New Decade.” He co-developed and is the former lead trainer for the Wells Fargo New Executive Directors Institute of Greater Los Angeles. He is the immediate past chair of the Executive Advisory Board of the School of Business, Government and Economics at Seattle Pacific University and was named Alumnus of the Year in 2015. He is a past national chairman of the Executive Transitions and Succession Planning Affinity Group for the Alliance for Nonprofit Management and served as national governance chair for Camp Fire USA. He currently serves on the board of AFP Advancement Northwest in Seattle.
Thanks to Our Partner
Presented by Nonprofit Association of Washington in partnership with Third Sector Company.
Questions? Contact Nonprofit Association of Washington
Phone: (855) 299-2922 x108
Email: [email protected]