Nonprofit Association of Washington’s Community Slack brings together board, staff, and volunteers at nonprofits around Washington State to connect, collaborate, and strengthen the sector.
Slack is easy for non-technical users to pick up and can be accessed through the Slack website on a web browser or by downloading the desktop and/or mobile apps.
Please read the Code of Conduct below prior to clicking the button to sign up. You must agree to it to join the Community Slack.
NAWA Community Slack Code of Conduct
The Community Slack is regularly moderated. If you are found in violation of the following guidelines you will be warned and potentially removed from the community.
All members of Nonprofit Association of Washington’s Community Slack agree to the following:
- Engage in professional and respectful dialogue. This means no harassment or discriminatory, insulting, or vulgar behavior. Harassment includes, but is not limited to; deliberate intimidation, disruption of conversations, personal attacks, insults, or the use of sexual or discriminatory imagery, comments, or jokes. We reserve the right to delete posts that contain any of the above, as well as any posts containing profanity or racial slurs.
- Do not share any information posted by others on this platform without the consent of the original poster. We want this space to be one in which everyone feels free to ask questions without fear of judgment. This means not taking screenshots of messages or disseminating information shared in this space with the intent to embarrass or draw attention to a fellow member of the community. The Community Slack is a space for support and collaboration.
- Do not use the Community Slack to sell a product, solicit business, or seek donations. This is a community space and not one to market your organization or product. If you have a learning event or training opportunity that is of benefit to nonprofits, please post to #events or #trainings.
- Take care of each other. Help make this a vibrant space where knowledge, experience, and resources are shared to support nonprofit colleagues around the state.
- The views and opinions expressed in the Community Slack are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official views, policies, or positions of the Nonprofit Association of Washington.
- Crowdsourcing Ideas and solutions Is a benefit of this platform, but please consider that the information provided does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice. All information, content, and materials available are for general informational purposes only.
- While we require each user to agree to the Code of Conduct and do our best to moderate public spaces, we cannot guarantee safety or confidentiality.
- We are glad you are here. Thank you for abiding by the code of conduct!