NAWA strives to ensure our events are accessible to all individuals. If you have specific accommodation requests, such as sign language interpreters or other accessibility requirements, please contact NAWA staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or (855) 299-2922 at least two weeks prior to the event. Conferences and other large events may have earlier deadlines for accessibility requests, as stated on the event’s registration policies page. We will attempt to meet all accessibility requests.
NAWA understands that many nonprofits do not have funding for professional development. We offer many online learning opportunities for free to ensure that every nonprofit in Washington has at least 12 chances to learn each year. We can accommodate a few requests for scholarships at our in-person or online workshops and have a formal scholarship program for the Washington State Nonprofit Conference. Anyone requesting a scholarship should email email@example.com for more information.
Cancellations and Refunds
Sometimes life and weather get in the way of attending an event for which you’ve registered.
- Cancellations: There are different policies for webinars, in-person trainings, and conferences. We can issue full refunds for webinars up until 24 hours in advance. We can issue full refunds for most in-person workshops up to 3 days in advance. Please see individual conference websites for more information about policies for those events.
- Substitutions: If you need to cancel for any reason, we recommend that you send another individual from your organization in your place. We cannot apply your payment to a future training event.
- No shows: If you are unable to attend an event and have not canceled in advance, your payment will not be refunded.
- Weather cancellation: We use weather determinations made by local school districts in determining whether to cancel an event. If a workshop must be canceled due to weather, a full refund will be granted.
- If Nonprofit Association of Washington cancels an event: We reserve the right to cancel any event or substitute presenters if needed. If we cancel an event, we will personally contact all registrants and offer a full refund.
Request to Present
If you are a highly-quality trainer with excellent presentation skills, you may be interested in becoming a presenter for NAWA’s learning program. First, please read our partnership guidelines, which shape how we make decisions regarding collaboration on learning events. It is also helpful to get to know NAWA and our programs by reviewing our website and receiving our newsletter and other emails. You can subscribe here.
We invite you to share more information about your presentation by emailing the Learning Team. Finally, please note that NAWA is strongly invested in supporting local presenters in communities across the state, so we especially encourage Washington-based trainers outside of the Seattle metro area to submit presentation proposals.