Thursday, October 27, 2022
Online hosted by 501 Commons
Election years provide a great opportunity for public charities to highlight issues and interact with candidates and the voting public. However, public charities cannot support or oppose candidates, and must avoid the appearance or reality of electioneering and other partisan activity, particularly in public and social media communications. This webinar will highlight some common pitfalls and provide suggestions and tips for avoiding them.
Participants will learn:
- How you can continue to advocate for your issues during election years.
- How you can educate the public through candidate forums and questionnaires.
- How you can respond to candidate statements.
- How you can conduct nonpartisan voter registration and ensure get-out-the-vote efforts are conducted legally.
- How you can safely support or oppose ballot measures without being partisan.
- How staff and volunteers’ partisan activities in their personal time can be kept separate from their activities on behalf of the organization.
$12.50 – $25, depending on organizational budget
Please contact the organizer with questions about this event.