Thursday, February 16, 2023
Hosted by Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
Where does the grantseeking process start? How do you find funders interested in your organization and your programs? There are proven tactics for finding funders that are a good fit for your organization–and plentiful resources online–many of them free!
In this three-hour live online training, we’ll discuss the best ways to begin grantseeking (which is closer than you think!), explore four good places to start looking, work through a proven process for finding funder information, discover how to “dig deeper” into a foundation’s interests, and determine the best way for you to start capturing what you are learning about your organization and its potential funders.
This training is specifically designed to help you gain important grantseeking competencies and skills related to researching, identifying, and matching funding resources to meet specific needs. Through this training, you will:
- Know more about major trends in grant funding
- Apply methods of locating funding sources
- Explore techniques to learn about specific funders
- Determine the right method for maintaining, tracking, and updating information on potential funders
- Identify fundable programs and projects for your organization
- Locate best matches between funders and specific programs
- Interpret grant application request for proposal (RFP) guidelines and requirements to accurately assess funder intent
Workshop participants will receive a digital copy of the Handbook for Successful Grant Writing that covers topics ranging from research and planning to a glossary of commonly used terms. The Handbook is only available to participants and is not otherwise for sale.
This session focuses on the nonprofit funding landscape and the process of seeking grants. The second session in this series is Beginning Grantwriting, which centers around writing grants. There is also an Intermediate Grantwriting session that serves as a writing workshop. Visit MCN’s Event Calendar to register for one or all.
$89 for NAWA Members (Check the Member Resources page for the coupon code.)
$129 for Not-yet-Members. Interested in becoming a member? Find more information here.
Nonprofit Association of Washington is proud to partner on this event hosted by Minnesota Council of Nonprofits.
Please contact the organizer with questions about this event.